With the enactment of the long-awaited SECURE 2.0 bill, now is the time to get details on its provisions. Our speakers, industry veterans Robert Richter and Bob Kaplan, who have been involved with reviewing and crafting language for the bill, will deliver a detailed analysis of the major provisions that will impact plan design, administration and operations.
Please note that the provisions that apply to defined benefit plans will be reviewed in a virtual event presented by ASPPA’s sister organization, ASEA, so be on the lookout for details on that event.
Provisions covered will include:
- New plan design opportunities that include matching of student loans and emergency savings
- Changes to the RMD beginning dates
- Adjustments to the Long-term, Part-Time Employee requirements
- Long-awaited changes to the top-heavy rules
- Changes to catch-up rules that will require Roth treatment for these deferrals
Key takeaways will include:
- A review all the major provisions of SECURE 2.0 that will impact retirement plans
- Detailed insights on the Roth catch-up requirement
- Focus on the effective dates of the provisions (in chronological order) to prioritize the impact on your clients
Each attendee/viewer must have their own registration for each event and access it through their own device in order to receive continuing education credit.
Registration for on-demand webcasts includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials for 180 days following the registration date. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
To receive CE for the on-demand version, viewers must pass a brief quiz following the recorded session.